Sunday 8 December 2019

New York, New York

I'm taking some time off, and will be in the States this weekend. No Ephemera next Sunday!

I've been to NYC, God, I can't think how many times. I'm planning out an itinerary - first day shop (for Christmas looms like a bloated white whale, festooned with ribbons, and one roaming, bloodshot eye staring into your soul), next two day enjoy. The Argosy on 59th, the Strand and probably the game shop near Empire State whose name I can never remember. Ideally the Film Forum down on Houston, though, looking at the upcoming week's schedule, only Taxi Driver appeals. Maybe the Angelika? Jesus, is The Hidden Life the only thing on at the Angelika this coming weekend? I'm sure it's good, but if I wanted to spend the weekend in a state of existential misery, I'd just contemplate my bank  statements for 48 hours straight.

Well, looks like movies are off the table.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll find something to do.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment